August Wrap Up

Hello Lovelies!

Sorry this didn't come out on Monday, I had a back-to-school thing and then I went to the zoo with my friend.

So, this was going to be a different topic and then I looked at my calendar and realized it was the last day of August. So you will get it next week.

Either way, let's get started!


Life

• Bullet Journaling. I mentioned this in my July wrap-up. I tried it out for all of July and the beginning of August, but I just couldn't do it. I became very busy with my book, school preparations, and other stuff. I kinda just forgot about it.

• I began a regular work out regimen. Now, being a writer, I spend most of my time on the computer. When I was little, I was incredibly active. And when I was incredibly active, I was very healthy (despite being allergic to the entire world). So I started a workout modeled after The Arrow. I found it on Nerd Fitness, a website with fandom-themed workouts. This is the one I took inspiration from. I didn't do it level by level–I took challenging exercises from each level and combined them with sit ups, crunches, and other basic things. Tbh, I haven't felt this good in a long time.

• School starts on September 6th for me. And my school decided now would be a good idea to completely re-vamp our schedule and how our classes work. They also thought it would be a good idea to basically force everyone to take a music and an art class. I'm a little upset with that, especially since school starts in a few days.


Books

I read Into Thin Air by Krakauer and wrote the paper for school. It was incredibly well written, and if you like Everest/survival stories, I suggest you read it.

I am almost done with Grapes of Wrath, and I've got all the stuff for my assignment sorted out. It's actually a rather good book. I didn't think it would be, but yeah. I really am liking it.

I have also started Ally Condie's Atlantia. It is such a good book, even though I'm only on chapter 6.

Books I have yet to read (that I've bought and are sitting on my shelf) include:

Starflight - Melissa Landers
The Girl From Everywhere - Heidi Heilig
Crown of Midnight - Sarah J. Maas
The Recruit - Robert Muchamore
The Fallen Prince - Jennifer Nielsen
Girl About Town - Adam Shankman and Laura L. Sullivan
And Then There Were None - Agatha Christie
Salt To The Sea - Ruta Sepetys
And I Darken -  Kiersten White


Writing

I am currently going through my 9th draft. I have finished adding what I want, now I'm just going through and fixing little typos. I plan on querying three agents in the next week. The thing is, they all want me to include different things in my queries, so I have to be very meticulous and make sure that everything is as they want it.


Minneapolis Young Writer's Workshop

I know where my chapters were sent now! They were sent to the wonderful Angelle Pilkington at Penguin/Random House. I am supposed to expect to hear from her within a few weeks.


Goals for September

• Finish Atlantia
• Get my classes sorted
• Get queries off to 3 agents
• Do regular posts on Mondays, along with a bi-weekly book review posted on Saturdays.

That's it for now! I hope you all had an amazing summer and that your school year (if you are in school) goes well!

~Olivia Ann

Comments

  1. oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh. I am squealing so hard for you. Penguin/Random house? And QUERYING AGENTS? Dude, I hope you'll keep us updated on the blog, because I want to hear about it alll. o.o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry bro I'll definitely keep y'all updated! And thanks ☺️

      Delete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 9TH DRAFT GAHH I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHJKAHKJEHFLAKJWEHFAEJSKFH DUDE I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! I didn't realize you were so far along -- and querying agents!?! WOW! Keep us updated on feedback from Penguin/Random House!!! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw thank you so much, Hannah! And I will definetly keep you updated with everything from Penguin/Random House.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Snake and The Wolf

Super Secret-But-Not-Really-Cuz-I-Kinda-Already-Mentioned-It-Earlier Special Book Announcement!

Tips for Underwriters