sincerely, me

a letter to me before my senior year in the style of "sincerely, me" from Dear Evan Hansen.

| | |

Dear Olivia,

We've been way too out of touch.
Things have been crazy, and it sucks that we don't talk that much.
But I should tell you you've been doin' okay.
You've learned when to stand your ground and when to walk away.

I gotta tell you growing up has been real nice
                                                       been real cool
                                                       been real weird.
And I just wish anxiety hadn't interfered.
I like my job
I love my job, but each day's another fight
If I just eat healthy food, then everything might be alright.
Wait, no.
If I stop staying up, then everything might be alright.
Take my own advice.
Try to be more... nice.
I'm turning around, just wait and see.

Cuz all that it takes is a little determination!
It's easy to work if you use your imagination!
All you gotta do is just do the best you can and take your lead.
Believe you me.

Dear Olivia, I know you're pretty stressed.
Be sure to take some time out to heal yourself and rest.
Take some time to admire the trees.
And maybe finally learn some Japanese.

Dude I'm proud of you, just keep pushing through.
You're turning around, it's clear to see.

Cuz all that it takes is a little determination!
I know you'll be fine if you make it to graduation!
All you gotta do is keep your chin up and remember you'll soon be free,
Sincerely, me.

Dear Olivia, cherish every note you send.
Dear Olivia, take time to love all of your friends.
Cuz those friendships go beyond your average kind of bond,
So remember them every day,
Yes, remember them every day.

Cuz all that it takes is a little determination!
I know you'll survive past graduation!
All you gotta do is just do the best you can and you'll succeed,
Sincerely, me!
Sincerely, me.
Sincerely meeeeEEEEE–––

SINCERELY ME!

| | |

So I love musicals. And when I saw Katie's Dear Senior Year post, I got inspired to do something like that. Naturally, sincerely me popped into my head with the whole "Dear Evan Hansen" opening matching with "Dear Senior Year".

So yeah! I too am going into my senior year, and it's weird. I'm the oldest (not really, but in general) in my school, I hold the most sway over teachers, and I only have three required courses out of eight. It's gonna be fun. Weird, but fun.

~Olivia Ann

Comments

  1. YESS I LOVE THIS A LOT. I've only listened to Evan Hansen a couple of times but I played the song while reading this and it was THE BEST. I'm so excited for your upcoming year, Olivia. YOU GOT TO KEEP ME UPDATED ON ALL THE THINGS. Hopefully it won't all get too stressful. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I'm glad! Dear Evan Hansen is such a good musical, and I'm glad you like it. I'll keep you updated as much as I can!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Snake and The Wolf

Tips for Underwriters

Super Secret-But-Not-Really-Cuz-I-Kinda-Already-Mentioned-It-Earlier Special Book Announcement!