An Extra Post With A Surprise and A Tag

Hello lovelies! Time for a writing/book tag and such that the lovely Sunset tagged me in!

And yes, there will be a surprise announcement at the end of this post so STAY TUNED!

So, it's time for the

*drumroll*



YAAAAAAY! Let's get going. I'm excited cuz I'm a huge mythology/history buff so like this is making me happy. My favorite mythology has to be Norse though, since Norwegian is one of the more prominent heritages I have (I'm a mutt of basically all of Europe - Germany, Austria, England, Ireland, France, Norway, Poland, and Israel). SO YAY LETS GET STARTED


Zeus (a.k.a. Jupiter) - god of the sky, thunder : Favorite Book (choose your own category!)



Okay for this one, I've spent a long time staring at my bookshelf. There are loads of favorite books set up there, but the one I'd have to chose is United We Spy, by my favorite author Ally Carter. I've heard that some people don't like this series, but this was the series that redeemed my love for books. I was really young, but I didn't find the middle grade books interesting since I read at a college level. A lady at Barnes and Noble showed me this series and said it was appropriate for a girl my age, and I was hooked. It was the series that made me decide I wanted to be a writer, and it was the series that showed me spies don't just belong on the big screen, they can be in books too.


Hera (a.k.a. Juno) - goddess of marriage and family : Cutest Book Couple



HHHHHRNG okay so for this one it was so difficult. But, after careful consideration, I have decided upon my newest OTP (yes I have several): NOAH AND MADELINE FAITH FROM SERENA CHASE'S NEW BOOK INTERMISSION. I guess the surprise is out. I've been working with Serena Chase as part of her Stage Crew. Long story short, I've recieved an ARC of the book and HOLY FREAKING CRAP YOU GUYS it's so sweet and it just hits home and I relate so much so oh my gosh these two *melts into a puddle of squeals and hysterical happy laughter*.

What's that you say? You'd like to know more? Do not fret, frand. More info will be at the end of this post.

Meanwhile, let's get back to the tag!

Posideon (a.k.a. Neptune) - god of the seas and earthquakes : Book That Drowned You in Feels



SUMMERLOST BY ALLIE CONDIE LIKE I CAN'T DESCRIBE IT BUT I SOBBED ALL THE WAY THROUGH ACT 3 JUST READ IT ALREADY


Athena (a.k.a. Minerva) - goddess of wisdom, handicraft, and strategic warfare : Series With The Best Worldbuilding



The Throne of Glass series! I love the world and just everything about it I love the elves and the shadow things and ahhhh it's all so entrancing.

Hades (a.k.a. Pluto my misunderstood and dorky son) - god of the underworld : Favorite Book With A Dark/Ominous Plot



I'd have to say The Naturals, by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. This entire series is so good, but the first one has always been the darkest to me. It's like Criminal Minds but for children. And by children I mean teens who are already scarred b/c this book is EMOTIONAL yo.

Aphrodite (a.k.a. Venus) - goddess of love and beauty : Favorite Book Cover on a 2016 Release



AND I DARKEN by Kiersten White. I have this sitting on my bookshelf but LOOK AT TEH COVER IT'S SO PRETTEH

Ares (a.k.a. Mars) - god of war and bloodshed : The Most Violent Book You've Ever Read



Mockingjay. Nuff said.

Hephastus (a.k.a. Vulcan) - god of blacksmithing and fire : Favorite Fictional Crush

drawing by me of my son


I'm biased since I created him but... Jormoo. He's my son and he's had a sucky life and just I love him.

Artemis (a.k.a. Diana) - godddess of the hunt and of virginity : Favorite Kickbutt Heroine



I'd have to say Samantha Donaldson from Velvet Undercover by Teri Brown. It's a WWI Historical Fiction Novel with SO MANY FEELS AND SHE'S AWESOME AND IT'S SO GOOD


Phoebus Apollo (a.k.a. Apollo) - god of light and healing : Sequel That Redeemed The Series
               Image result for shrug gif

I honestly don't know. If I don't like the first book, there's a good chance I'll never continue.


Hermes (a.k.a. Mercury) - messenger god of thieves and commerce : The Book With The Best Message



Again, I'm saying INTERMISSION. It's just so wonderful.

Hestia (a.k.a. Vesta) - goddess of the hearth and home : Most Relatable Book



Again, I'm saying INTERMISSION. Aside from the romance aspect, it's so accurate to my life.

Demeter (a.k.a. Ceres) - goddess of fertility and agriculture : Favorite Bookish Setting



Probably gotta be The Disappearance of Sherlock Holmes by Larry Millet. England in the late 1800's? Yes please.


Dionsus (a.k.a. Bacchus) - god of wine and celebration : Most Anticipated 2016 Release

Either Bad Blood by Jennifer Lynn Barnes or...

INTERMISSION by Serena Chase! It is going to be released on November 15 of this year and HHHHHRNG I'm so excited! I've had the honor bestowed upon me to be part of her Stage Crew. I've had the honor of reading an ARC copy, and it is absolutely FAN FREAKING TASTIC. Like, seriously guys. You'll love it. It's a YA Christian coming-of-age Romance novel with a butt load of Broadway references. On the release date I will be doing a post dedicated to it, including where you can order it. If you'd like to preorder it, you can do so on Amazon (most likely by this weekend).

| | |



As friends, Noah and I can be together.

We can’t be anything more.

Not yet.


Sixteen-year-old Faith Prescott dreams of a career on Broadway, but her success-driven parents believe the fine arts are a waste of time. When Faith meets nineteen-year-old Noah Spencer she discovers a friend who not only understands her musical theatre dreams, he shares them. 

Faith’s parents object to everything about Noah, scorning his age, his career plans . . . even his religious beliefs. Unwilling to listen to reason, they forbid Faith from dating Noah, enforcing severe restrictions meant to keep the two apart. 

We are starlight on snow. The reflection of something already beautiful-- absorbed, reflected, and remade into something . . . more.

And this kiss . . .

This kiss is everything I’ve needed to say . . . and longed to hear.


Pitted against baseless accusations, Faith’s home life deteriorates, but her love for Noah only grows—as does her determination to hold on to her dreams—and him—no matter the cost. 


She has no idea how high a price is yet to be paid.


| | |

Thank you for tagging me in this, Sunset! I tag Hannah, Katie, and Caroline, and I also tag anyone who wants to do it!



| | |

I've got an Instagram up! You can find the links to them on my Connect With Me page!



| | |

Olivia Ann

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Snake and The Wolf

Super Secret-But-Not-Really-Cuz-I-Kinda-Already-Mentioned-It-Earlier Special Book Announcement!

Tips for Underwriters