my motivation

I'm getting into more of a rant-post type writing blog, and I'm liking it. What are your opinions? Is this okay? Because I really like doing this. I'll still do writing tips and such, but I like having more posts about important things.

Anyways.

This post  is about motivation––specifically my motivation for doing what I do.

My plans for the future are going to college, publishing books, and becoming an actor. Not necessarily a Hollywood actor, but I'd be okay with that simply because of my reasons for doing what I do.

There are so many people now a days that are famous, but are shallow and not worth the adoration (*cough* Kardashians *cough*). And as an advanced child, there were movies and books that––intelligence wise––were at my level. However, they were impossibly crude and allover not appropriate for a sixth grader who needed things at a college level otherwise she would get depressed and bored from the lack of stimuli. And that's why I do what I do.

There are kids out there like me––I can't be the only one, it's simply illogical. And I want there to be things that their parents are comfortable allowing them to read and watch. I want to encourage people, stand up for injustice, encourage and help children through the tough spots in their life, and portray things in a non-sexualized way––in a proper, this-is-life way.

When I was little, Julie Andrews was a huge acting influence (as well as the fact that I'd have the ability to escape this world and live in magical lands for a little). Mary Poppins and Maria Von Trapp were amazing, strong women, and the woman who played them was no different. She did great things, was a fantastic actress, and she was a great woman. And she still is!

TANGENT: Julie's Greenroom on Netflix made me cry, it is fantastic and amazing.

But yeah. That's my main reason––the people who I can impact. And I think that's a good reason to do what I do, aside from the fact that it makes me happy.


~Olivia Ann

Comments

  1. Thank you for this honest post Olivia! I enjoyed reading it. Our plans line up the same way: for me it's all about writing too 🌟

    It is kind of sad that the wrong people are idolized but what I do is focus on those who deserve to be recognized instead!

    - Andrea at A Surge of Thunder

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Snake and The Wolf

Super Secret-But-Not-Really-Cuz-I-Kinda-Already-Mentioned-It-Earlier Special Book Announcement!

Tips for Underwriters