Minneapolis Young Writer's Workshop



As you already know by the title, this is going to be about my experiences at the Minneapolis Young Writer's Workshop. It took place on June 14-16 in the year of 2016. It is the very first Minneapolis Young Writer's Workshop, and I am so glad I heard about it from my Literature teacher.

First off, I learned SO much. I learned a ton of aspects in writing and stuff that I can add or change to make my writing better. And I got to meet so many awesome people and make awesome writing friends. I am sure we are going to keep in touch, and I'm so excited to continue talking to them.

I also got to meet some amazing authors whose books are ABSOLUTELY amazing! I got to meet Ally Condie, Jennifer Neilsen, Jonathan Freisen, Jacqueline West, Jay Asher, and Serena Chase. I will link their websites at the end of this. They were so fantastic, and their books are so amazing, and I cannot stress how amazingly kind and helpful and kind they all were. I strongly recommend reading their books, sending them emails and letters, and if you can attend the workshop next year (I'm pretty sure they will be doing another one).

I did, however, have my manuscript selected to be edited by someone from either Penguin/Random House or HarperCollins. I will soon be sending 3 chapters off to them, and I promised some of my writing friends at the workshop I would tell you all how that went, so in a while I will be posting a probably-short article about what happened.

So that is all! I don't really know what to say. It was a one of a kind experience and I have no idea where I would be today if I hadn't gone to this event.

~Olivia Ann


Comments

  1. YAY!!!! I had such an amazing time and I'm so glad I met you! :) And yes plzzzzz keep me updated. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved meeting you too, Olivia! :D I totally want to know how all the editing stuff goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *only just now saw this post*

    YESSSS I LOVED MEETING YOU AND I'M SO EXCITED AND HAPPY FOR YOU AHH! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Snake and The Wolf

Super Secret-But-Not-Really-Cuz-I-Kinda-Already-Mentioned-It-Earlier Special Book Announcement!

Tips for Underwriters