I Don't Want To Be Read In A Class


When I write, I don't usually think about all the stuff Lit teachers try and glean from books. Yes, I have themes, yes I have symbols, but I don't write my story to get a point across like Lit teachers try to do. If you do get something out of what I write, that's brilliant and I'm glad you saw that. But what I mainly think is "is this good enough to stand the test of time?" "Is there a certain line that I wrote that people will get tattoos of and paint into murals and make art of?"


I don't want to be read in a class, that's not my main goal (although if that happens I will be very honored). My goal is to be remembered. I want people to be inspired, I want to change people by what I write and I want them to make art because of what I wrote. I don't want them to just look at what I wrote and try to decipher the subtext. I want to inspire and change lives. I want to have what I write stick in someone's head and have them go "You know what, that is really good."

~Olivia Ann

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Snake and The Wolf

Super Secret-But-Not-Really-Cuz-I-Kinda-Already-Mentioned-It-Earlier Special Book Announcement!

Tips for Underwriters