The Snake and The Wolf

This is a poem that I wrote for two of my characters in my series. They are technically the villains, but I loved them too much to not share this. Originally, I wrote it for my creative writing class, but it will appear in the third book of my series.








Upon a rocky ocean cliff,
A black wolf was chained
That lifted her large black muzzle
To drink while it rained

On the sandy shores far below
Her anguished cries were heard
By a troubled, dangerous snake
Who her pained cries had stirred

He slithered up that steep, sharp cliff
Till he wished to fall off
But when he made it to the top
He saw the black beast cough

She was sickly and broken down
Her ribs showed through her skin
And scars marred that lovely face
That was now so very thin

She could not fight or run or howl
For those who had chained her
Had left her defenseless
Bound in chains that tore her fur

She was not dangerous to him
And the little snake saw
So he untied the thick, heavy chains
That had rubbed her skin raw

So she picked him up off the ground
Gingerly as she could
The snake eagerly went with her
Into the darkening wood

The pair would stay together
Side by side all the day
The evidence of her torture
All wearing away

She became stronger than ever
With the snake by her side
The deadly snake and the bad wolf
Slowly became known world wide

No one ever knew their true names
No one had ever asked
It was just the Snake and the Wolf
They would never be unmasked

And the wolf stayed with that snake
Till the end of her days
Because he had saved her
In many important ways


~Olivia Ann

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh this is actually adorable. Adorable and almost haunting? The picture at the beginning with the chained wolf and in such a rotten state.

    I'm basically in love with your writing it's a problem. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear you like it Katie! And I'm glad it has an adorable/haunting feel. That's sorta what I aimed for.

      Delete
  2. *delighted shiver* This is beautifully haunting... I quite like it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg your poetry though. o.o I love the way you use your words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful poem, Olivia. I can literally feel chills....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Super Secret-But-Not-Really-Cuz-I-Kinda-Already-Mentioned-It-Earlier Special Book Announcement!

Tips for Underwriters