2016 Wrap Up

WOOOOOO HAPPY NEW YEARS!

For those in the Central Time Zone like me, I'm posting this at midnight b/c New Years.



WOOO! WELCOME TO 2017! Hopefully it'll be better than 2016.

Sorry about not posting this last week, I was on Christmas break and I was working on finalizing my book so... I didn't have time to blog.

Anyways! I did a lot of fun stuff this year, so let's recap:



Life

• June
      • I started this blog! With the help of some people from the Minneapolis Young Writer's Workshop, I was able to get this up and running.
      • I attended the Minneapolis Young Writer's Workshop! It was so fun. I met so many amazing fellow authors and I've kept up contact with most of them. I'm going to be attending again come June, and if you want to hear about my past experiences you can click here, and if you want to register to attend yourself, you can find that here! The lineup for this year includes Jonathan Friesen, Sabaa Tahir, Shannon Hale, Ally Condie, and Wayne Batson (who has, like, the best name ever).
      • I climbed a moutain! My family and I went to Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. We went for hikes in the Rockies, we drove ATVs on sand dunes which was the FRICKING BEST I felt like Rey and I'm not sorry, we rode horses (where a snake spooked them and I almost died #notanexaggeration), and I got to fly in a plane which is one of my favorite things.
     • On said trip to Yellowstone, we got stopped for an hour by three herds of bison migrating uphill for the night.
      • Also when we were driving down a road just outside Jackson Hole, Wyoming a guy went by on a motorcycle and who is it but Harrison Ford! Needless to say I started freaking out b/c I just saw Han freaking Solo.

• July
      • I began Bullet Journaling, which started off really well (but we all know how I am with consistency).
      • We arrived home from our Idaho/Wyoming/Montana trip and did loads of laundry (lol pun).

• August
      • Bullet Journaling fell apart.
      • I began a regular work out regimen in order to stay fit and not turn into a blob of pizza, coffee, and donuts.
      • Chaos reigned as my school decided "hee hee lets mess up the entire schedule for the entire school so the students get stressed and have to choose three new classes in six days but they may not get in OOPS HAHA YAY!"

• September
      • I began to integrate the bullet journaling code into my school planner.
      • Had to stop workouts daily because of school stupid school always ruining my plans.

• October
      • I began to stop filtering my speech, thus making the #swag boys at my school fear me
      • I began to pursue my writing career

• November
      • Literally nothing. The month of silence.

• December
      •This month I didn't do much... I went to a play which was fantastic (Beauty and the Beast) and I got to see an old friend (he played Lumiere).



Books

• June
      • I read Dreamers Often Lie by the amazing Jaqueline West. The book was so fricking amazing I just ahhhhh I loved it and I still do.

• July
      • I read Valkyrie by Kate O'Hearn and ah it was SO GOOD.
      • I read Summerlost by Ally Condie and I fricking sobbed man it was beautiful.

• August
      • I READ this month. Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer, Grapes of Wrath by Stienbeck, and Atlantia by Allie Condie.

• September
      • I became part of the Stage Crew for Intermission by Serena Chase and OH MY GOSH IT WAS GLORIOUS AND EMOTIONAL I suggest you all read it.

• October
      • Chuggin' my way through Girl About Town

• November
      • Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
      • The Scarlet Letter by Nathanial Hawthorne

• December
      • Bad Blood by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (I'm over halfway thru and I got it on Christmas Day).




Writing
• June
      • I won a spot on the Minneapolis Young Writer's Workshop manuscript critique, and I sent off the few chapters to the editor Angelle Pilkington.
      • I continued to edit MaT, although at that moment it was still called In The Shadows *barf*

• July
      • I sent a few chapters off to beta readers!

• August
      • Going through the 9th draft of MaT, the edit train chugs along.
      • Began querying agents.

• September
      • I got feedback from Angelle Pilkington (thanks again, if you ever see this)
      • I began to reduce my word count which had gotten up to 113, 287

• October
      • NaNoWriMo Prep
      • Became friends with my writing Yoda, Caroline George
      • Kept editing
      • Decided "screw agents, I'm publishing with CreateSpace"

• November
      • Edited through draft 11, began draft 12 (which was really just spelling and punctuation corrections)
      • Met with my cover designer/interior designer/CreateSpace "This is how you do the publishing" person, Gaines Hill (who, btw, has a fricking awesome name)
      • Didn't do NaNoWriMo (i'm ashamed)
      • Plotted book 2 out and began writing.

• December
      •Got my cover (reveal to come) and began finalizing the interior proof.




Goals for 2017

• Start bullet journaling again and CONTINUE IT.
• Finish writing Found and Lost and edit up to draft 4 or 5.
• Figure out my branding, make more stickers that fit said brand.
• Get the book published and do a signing (maybe?)

Yay! Welcome to 2017, hope you have a great year!

~Olivia Ann

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Snake and The Wolf

Super Secret-But-Not-Really-Cuz-I-Kinda-Already-Mentioned-It-Earlier Special Book Announcement!

Tips for Underwriters