The Sound of My Thinking Tag

On Caroline's blog, she made a thinking tag. Her post was really interesting, so even though I wasn't tagged, I'm gonna do it anyways because it's fun.



Alright. My thinking has a very interesting sound. One day it could be "like an engine racing out of control; a rocket tearing itself to bits, trapped on the launch pad" because I've got so many ideas. The next it could be all 'wut r wurds?'

So yeah, my mind is very... sporadic.

And then there are the days where I'll have planned out a time for working, and when I sit down to write or edit nothing comes, but when I turn the lights off and lay down to sleep it's like

Brain:  Hello,
Me:  No.
Brain:  It's me.
Me:  Crap no.
Brain:  Everyone give it up for America's FAVORITE FIGHTING FRENCHMAN
Me:  Don't.
Brain:  I said... everyone give it up for AmERICA'S FAVORITE FIGHTING FRENCHMAN
Me:  LAFAYETTE

and then it will go from that to a silence that allows me to sleep for about three minutes before it's like "hey, you know what? You should kill Quinn."
     "No! Quinn's arc is already planned don't make me second guess things."
     "Yeah but I calculated this. If you kill him in book three, you can set up a huge plot twist that will kill your readers."
     "... go on."

So yeah, my thinking is very different than most.

I'm sorry that this is a late and a short post, I've been super busy with loads of other stuff.

Next week though, there will be (there should be) a special announcement about my book! So yay!

~Olivia Ann

Comments

  1. I forgot that you were also a Hamilton fan, so you just became 100000% cooler. xD I was actually just rapping Guns and Ships today. THERE IS NO OTHER FEELING LIKE IT. True power. :P

    Eek, I'm so excited about this announcement. *bounces* And also if you ever want to meet up at a coffee shop or library and do some writing or arting or whatever, I'm cool with it. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeees! When you are able to rap a small part of Guns and Ships--whether it's the whole thing or just one line--it makes you feel like you can do anything (Daveed is a talented man).

      And also yeah we should totally do that sometime! I've been meaning to try and set something up with you but I've just been so freaking busy >.< But we should totally meet up some time.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Snake and The Wolf

Super Secret-But-Not-Really-Cuz-I-Kinda-Already-Mentioned-It-Earlier Special Book Announcement!

Tips for Underwriters